Hogue Exotic Wood Grips are made from many fancy and exotic hardwoods, chosen for their beauty and durability. .
- Checkered grips
- Wood much harder and denser than ordinary walnut
- Offers a wide variety of contrast and grain figurations
- Made from PAU FERRO (among the hardest and most durable wood in the world)
- Some fitting may be required
- Will not fit MK models with "GAXXXX" prefix.
- Longer grips screws(040K9S) are needed to install grip (NOT INCLUDED) b/c wood grips thicker than polymer grips
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Excellent grips. I know these are thicker than the standard plastic grips (they require longer screws), but they really don't feel that much thicker in the hand, but provide a significantly better purchase on the weapon. Plus they just plain look a whole lot better than the standard black plastic. They seemed kind of dry when they arrived; a little lemon oil solved that real fast. They fit the frame really well, and went right on without any special fitting.
Grips are nice. They do require fitting and they are quite a bit darker that shown; looks like dark walnut
After reading Kahr forums I was skeptical about even trying these Hogue made grips, however I took a chance and was glad I did. Finish is excellent and fit was almost perfect, requiring minimal filing on top rear lugs to get screws to line up perfectly. Mine is an 03 elite GFxxx. .Only problem was Kahr sent me 3 long screws and 1 short one. A call to them and 1 long screw on its way. Not cheap but very nice.