Desert Eagle Technical Data
Desert Eagle Mark XIX Cut-away
The Weaver style accessory rail located on the barrel runs from the chamber area to right behind the front sight allowing the use of scope rings (optional) and aftermarket optics.
- The Desert Eagle Pistol is a gas-operated, semi-automatic pistol with a rotating three lug bolt for positive lock-up.
- The barrel is locked in place, assuring a high degree of accuracy.
- The polygonal rifling reduces barrel wear, is easy to clean and very accurate.
- Anatomically formed grip, ideal hand seating angle and comfortable grip dimensions permit rapid, accurate, instinctive shooting. The Desert Eagle is designed for two-handed shooting.
- The Desert Eagle Pistol fires standard factory ammunition.
- The Desert Eagle Pistol has an automatic slide lock that holds the slide open after the last round is fired.
The safety is ambidextrous — it can be operated by right-handed and left-handed shooters.
When the safety is on, the firing pin is blocked, disconnecting the trigger bar from the sear at the same time. Extensive testing has shown the Desert Eagle is safe from accidental firing with safety engaged.
Desert Eagle Pistols are manufactured on the latest CNC (computer numerical controlled) machines to exacting specifications and tight tolerances or precision-cast and machined from high-quality carbon steel.
|Mark XIX Desert Eagle Pistol Specifications|
|.357 MAGNUM||.44 MAGNUM||.50 A.E.|
|Length, with 6-inch (152 mm) barrel||10.75 inches (27.3 cm)||10.75 inches (27.3 cm)||10.75 inches (27.3 cm)|
|Length, with 10-inch (254 mm) barrel||14.75 inches (37.5 cm)||14.75 inches (37.5 cm)||14.75 inches (37.5 cm)|
|Height||6.25 inches (15.9 cm)||6.25 inches (15.9 cm)||6.25 inches (15.9 cm)|
|Width||1.25 inches (32 mm)||1.25 inches (32 mm)||1.25 inches (32 mm)|
|Trigger reach||2.75 inches (70 mm)||2.75 inches (70 mm)||2.75 inches (70 mm)|
|Sight radius (with 6-inch barrel)||8.5 inches (215 mm)||8.5 inches (215 mm)||8.5 inches (210 mm)|
|Weight w/empty magazine||1998.6 grams (71.4 oz.)||1998.6 grams (71.4 oz.)||1998.6 grams (71.4 oz.)|
|Polygonal rifling (right-hand twist)||1 turn in 14 inches (355 mm)||1 turn in 18 inches (457 mm)||1 turn in 19 inches (48.3 cm)|
|Magazine capacity||9 rounds||8 rounds||7 rounds|
|Bore diameter||.357" (9.1 mm)||.429" (10.9 mm)||.495" (12.6 mm)|